Seminar - 10/18/17 Don't Get Wrapped Up in Overlapping Claims (Part A)
This seminar is intended for our J5 Part A providers billing on a UB-04 or its electronic equivalent.
Overlapping claims continue to be a top claim rejection for providers. Medicare often receives multiple claims for the same beneficiary with the same or similar dates of service. An overlap occurs when the date of service or billing period of one claim seems
to conflict with the date on another claim, indicating that one of the claims may be incorrect. Often, overlapping claims can be prevented by knowing how to properly submit claims in certain situations.
During this full day seminar, WPS GHA will go over the most common reasons for overlapping claims and steps providers can take in an overlapping claim situation. Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Billing during a leave of absence (LOA)/interrupted stay
- What “hospital bundling” includes
- How to determine the proper patient status to use on your claim
- Main cause of SNF overlaps (aside from Consolidated Billing)
- 3/1 day payment window
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Consolidated Billing
- Home Health Consolidated Billing
- What Place of Service (POS) Part B providers should use
- Steps you can take to resolve overlapping claim issues with another provider
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Consolidated Billing is the number one cause of overlapping claim issues. WPS GHA will be hosting a full day seminar devoted to just this topic the following day. We encourage you to register for both days; however, it is
not a requirement.
- This seminar is intended for those who bill claims on a UB-04. Please do not also register for the Don't Get Wrapped Up in Overlapping Claims (Part B) seminar being held the same day. By registering for the (Part A) seminar, you are automatically
registered for the (Part B) seminar.
Registration will close 10/11/17 or when capacity of 24 is met.
Time of Event:
Sign-in: 8:00 - 8:30 AM
Event: 8:30 - 4:00 PM
In an effort to adopt consistent industry trends, beginning in 2017, WPS GHA will offer seminar materials only in an electronic format. Seminar registrants are responsible for printing and bringing their own handouts. To access, choose the Additional References
tab in the Learning Center course.
Registration and Payment
PLEASE READ – If you do not already have a Learning Center profile set up, please click the Create a Learning Center Profile box at the top of this screen and create one before registering for an event. Each
person wishing to attend an event must register separately and have a unique profile set up within the Learning Center using a unique email address.
Pay Online for Instant Registration
– WPS GHA uses PayPal for online payments. PayPal accepts both credit and debit cards and there is no need to create a PayPal account! If you do have a PayPal account, you may enter your bank account information to have the registration fee deducted directly
from your checking account. To complete your registration, click on the radial button next to Register. Above on the right, click Add to cart. You may either complete your registration or continue browsing through our events and add more to your cart. Once
you have everything you wish to attend added to your cart, enter your name and email address associated with your Learning Center account, agree to the Terms & Conditions, and complete your registration using PayPal.
Each person wishing to attend an event must register and pay separately using a unique email address.
Request to Pay by Check –
Note: Payment must be received in our office before your registration for the event can be completed and your seat is guaranteed.
Please fill out the
Request to Pay by Check form using Seminar Reference Code (101817OverlapA) and the rest of the required information. Once the form is filled out, submit your request and you will be taken to a page to download a Payment Form that needs to be mailed in along
with your check. Please indicate the seminar you would like to attend by listing the Seminar Reference Code (101817OverlapA) on the Payment Form. Once payment is received, if seats are available WPS GHA will register you for this course and you will receive
two emails letting you know you have been assigned to the course and are registered to attend this event. If your payment is received after capacity has been reached, WPS GHA will issue a full refund following the date of the seminar.
Receipt of Payment –
Once you are registered for a course, you may choose to have a receipt emailed to you by logging into the Learning Center, clicking on the course, and following the prompts.
Select from the sessions below to register.